BCS Uganda Coverage
Our fiber network in Uganda begins at the Kenyan – Ugandan border town of Malaba and consists of a combination of overhead and underground backhaul networks.
We have covered a distance of 4850 km in Uganda, of which 4,015 km of intercity fiber and 835 km of metro. The metro fiber includes 650 Km in Kampala, 45 Km in Mbarara, 28 Km in Masaka, 23 km in Fort Portal, 37 Km in Jinja, 20 Km in Arua, 22 Km in Mbale, and 10 Km in Tororo.
Our fiber network spans to other cross border towns to access other neighboring countries such as:
- Nimule and Kaya Towns to connect into South Sudan
- Gatuna and Kagitumba to connect into Rwanda
- Kasindi Town to connect into DRC
- Lake Albert to connect into DRC
Other major intercity projects include
- Jinja-Iganga; 170 Km, Overhead
- Fort Portal-Rwagaju; 219 Km, Overhead
- Kampala Metro Ring; 650 Km, Overhead
- Upcountry Towns of Iganga warid, Wanale, Poyameri, Magwa. 356 Km, Overhead